Position: Sales/Systems Engineer (SE) – Channel
Location: Australia, or other APAC locations
The Virident | HGST Channel Systems Engineer (SE) is a technical consultant and trusted advisor to HGST Partners. They work with the Field and Partner Sales Teams to train and enable Partners to position, sell, and compete with HGST products, solutions, and services. The SE also assists in crafting Partner onboarding strategies, documenting and fulfilling training needs, and as appropriate, will influence and encourage partners to propose HGST solutions for all HGST-related opportunities. The SE develops relationships with Partners and their presales team to create and expand HGST mindshare. The Channel SE is recognized as a subject matter expert, coaching and mentoring Partner SEs in HGST technical sales techniques to drive sales and accelerate their independence. The Channel SE is empowered to ensure achievement of the territory’s business objectives and revenue targets.
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical consulting to prospective and existing partners
- Selling with partner SEs to position and sell HGST in customer situations
- Enable, develop, and coach Partner SEs
- Cover several partners within assigned territory in a prioritized and effective manner
- Execution of the HGST Partner Program strategies to ensure over-achievement of their business objectives
- Work with Partner Account Executives and Partner Account Managers to define and execute the territory partner recruitment and enablement strategy
- Work with Partner Sales person on Partner business planning
- Drive coordination of technical resources both internally and externally as needed to close prospective opportunities
- Assist in increasing Partner and end-user adoption of HGST products through events and training, seminars, webinars, technical trainings, and other activities as appropriate
- Identify partner champion and develop development plans for each partner
- Develop and maintain strong contacts and relationships with corporate resources that can assist in driving partner autonomy
- Develop synergies between the partner organization and corporate resources that can support the over-achievement of partner business objectives and initiatives
- Attend partner meetings to assess partner capabilities and their customer’s satisfaction.
- Identify gaps in partner tactics as they relate to customer requirements to ensure customer satisfaction and provide tools and solutions to address the gaps.
- Present and market the design and value of proposed HGST solutions to partners and their prospects
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products to enable the capability to effectively address and dispel partner objections to HGST solutions
- Work with the HGST Partner Sales Team(s) and partners to formulate and implement both tactical and strategic sales initiatives within their assigned territory
- Identify and present training that accelerates the development of Partner technical resources
- Demonstrate ability to relate partner business challenges to HGST solutions
- Deliver HGST value proposition in a persuasive and accurate manner
- Provide Storage Solutions thought leadership to the Customer CxOs
- Participates in identification of the priorities, requirements and criteria of an initiative, and the links between the executive, operational and infrastructure stakeholders for that initiative.
- Maps customer business problems to technical solutions and ensure that Solutions are targeted to accelerate the top customer’s business objectives.
- Owns the overall solution architecture, and coordinates the architecture and execution with others (e.g., other architects, practice specialists, partners and customers)
- Develop and execute benchmarks that simulate customer application situations and develop presentations and white papers.
- Keep management teams informed of key technology directional shifts and long term opportunities
- Represent HGST at Techs, customer forums, Executive Briefing visits, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Storage (DAS, SAN and NAS) and its deployment in various application environments
- Knowledge of Flash Storage preferred
- Knowledge of Linux (Redhat, SLES, Ubuntu), Windows and VMWare ESXi
- Applications knowledge in terms of installation, tuning and IO patters
- Application areas: Oracle, VMware, Technical Computing: MCAE, Oil and Gas Upstream apps, Life sciences applications, HPC applications and file systems (such as Lustre)
- Proficient in translating business needs into complex solutions, including researching and identifying new technologies or technologies outside of HGST products and solutions, architecting and designing the solution, and managing multiple internal, cross OpCo, cross business unit, and external resources and technologies to complete the proposed solution.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of performance tuning concepts at the application, storage, Storage and OS internal levels, and often optimize performance by manipulating the application, the database, the network, the OS.
- Engineering degree, 10 years of experience in Storage solutions and storage management and also must have a track record of excellence in pre-sales technical support, solution design and implementation
- 5+ years
- Demonstrated consensus building skills, innovative, independent self starter
- Partner business model (Channel Sales) experience
- Exceptional negotiation, presentation and listening skills. Must have the credibility and business maturity necessary to give high-quality input to senior management meetings, presentations to the customer base.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Will have the gravitas, executive presence, charisma and knowledge to be credible in complex discussions.
- High energy, startup culture, hands-on, creative thinking and risk-taking
- Will seamlessly fit as a member of a team where individuals are empowered to make a genuine impact on the business and lead its growth.
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving targets.
- Ability to operate in a hard driving but respectful and open environment where value-added team play is rewarded.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the intent of HGST, Inc. to hire the best-qualified candidates for opportunities within the company, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and military status. However, applicant eligibility for employment-authorized immigration status, temporary or permanent, will be considered. Any subsequent sponsorship for permanent residence is at the sole discretion of HGST, Inc. management, and is based on job performance, contribution, and business requirements.
Apply At Virident